Celebrating 25 years in Custom Knife Making
Thanks for visiting my site. Most of my knives are on a custom order basis, if you see something you like just give me a call and we can talk about the various options available to each knife, and build it to suit your taste. The majority of my knives are automatics, but every knife shown except the OTF's, have a "Mini" Auto version, as well as a manual version.
This knife is curently available as of 4 November 2013. It is a Mini-Shard Manual with a Jerry Rados Turish twist blade 3.2" long. "Kracked" 416ss engraved frames. Gold pivot cover and 24kt gold plated screws. $1600. Paypal or personal checks are fine. Thanks
This is the only knife I have in stock.
Tritons and Q's are discontinued
The Price for the new Triton II be be around $2100.00
in all stainless.
1. The Triton II (T-II) will look physically look the same as the original. It will be scaled up 1.1%, making it 1" longer. .5" to the blade and .5 to the frame. Blade will now be 4". Frame thickness will increase to .6", from .5. This will allow inlays as opposed to overlays like I've had to use in the past.
2. The lock up and the entire function of the mechanism will blade independent. This, among other virtues, will allow interchangeable blades. So if you on the fence about blade styles or materiel you can always order an extra blade. Very easy to swap out.
3. The blade will ride on something of a linear bearing. Numerous reason for this. One is blade bang, the blade cant skip off the side walls in it travel, maintaining its edge. Another is built in dirt traps. Incorporated and inherent in its design, the mechanism will preclude having to worry about sand and dirt rendering the knife non functional. A penny will still cause it to not function... Really, got one back with a penny jammed in it...
4. I may make a lower cost bench-made version in aluminum. Still not sure about this. I stopped making the first Triton in aluminum after about 35 knives. I just didn't like the feel of it, too light. I like the feel of the dropping of the slide on a 1911. They should have that feel.
So this is a maybe.
5. The frame and blade will be completely symmetrical. That is to say the blade will be in the center of the frame, not offset like all the other D/A OTF's I've seen. A first believe, could be wrong, they don't let me out much...
6. Double springs, making the blade easier to activate while still keeping a good speed (and .45 feel ).
7. Price will be about $100 more than where the original Triton left off when I stopped making them 3 years ago. Around $2100 in 416SS, and probably half of that on the Aluminum version if it comes to pass.
"SOLAR SYSTEM" Edition
Update Nov 3 2013
I am also working on some limitied edition D/A OTF's with the theme of our Solar System. These will all be one of a kind relative to materials and limited to 9, one for each planet. (I know, I know, Pluto is no longer a planet, but it was when I went to school). I believe this is the largest D/A OTF ever made and has a whole new adjustable mechanism. Lock-up is comparable to that of a fixed blade. This knife is around 13" overall and similar in shape to the art daggers of old. Prices for the 9 "Space" Knives will be around 7900. This is a ball park figure as with a knife this large, a lot depends on the inlay materials and the amount of engraving. Just drop me a line or give me a call if you would like more information. Below is the prototype of the series.
2 of these in the series will be all Turkish twist damascus. Please call or write for availablity.
"Space" Prototype, Ponzio turkish twist blade, Eggerling Mosaic inlays, Hot blued 4140 chrome moly frame. 36ea. 24k. gold inlays, 13" overall length. $9100.00 Sold
All the Solar system knives are spoken for.
Meteorite and silver inlays as well as Nitre-blued carved and textured carbon steel inlays in the frame. Overall length 12 1/2” (318 mm), blade length 6 5/16” (160 mm). Doug Ponzio Turkish Twist damascus blade and 4140 steel for the frames. Sold $12,500.00
“The Master”Prototype, 2012
This OTF auto is a compilation of the whole series, with scrimshawed ivory domes (scrimed by Bob Hergert) featuring of all the planets and the Sun, as well as having a 2" longer blade with ivory inlays. Overall length is 14 1/2”, blade length 8 5/16” (211mm). $13,500.00 Sold
“The Master”Prototype, 2012
I use primarily Damascus from Jerry Rados, Doug Ponzio, and my own Damascus. For stainless I use ATS-34 and 154CM. If you have a favorite forger or prefer a different steel just let me know. I do all the engraving shown, except for a few knives and they are listed with the engravers name.
* indicates an updated page
OTHER STUFF FOR SALE Jan 2013
NEWER KNIVES ARE SHOWN BELOW.
Alpha "Grande Comet". Doug Ponzio turkish twist damascus. Button is inlayed damascus behind the gold pivot pin. Larger version of the Alpha at almost 12", and the largest auto I make except the "Italia Grande" shown directly below. 24kt gold inlay and metoertite. 5900.00 Sold
All Rados Turkish twist Q', 24kt gold wire inlays with sapphire. 5500. Sold
Manual Italia, #1, with brain coral. 10" overall. $2050.00
Matched set of D/A OTF'S
Proatac, D/A Auto. First inlay is the button. Eggerling Damascus blade with engraving by Tim Adlam.
A Match set of Pro-Atac Xtremes, Regular size and a Mini version.
(now discontinued in lieu of the Triton II)
DOUBLE ACTION OUT THE FRONT
Commissioned By Jeff Davoud and scrimshawed by Bob Hergert, This Triton portrays his 2 sons at different ages. Elephant ivory overlays and Stainless construction. 3300.00
Rosette Triton. Heat treated 416 ss frames, Eggerling Damascus blade that is non-etched (polished for a ceramic look) and hot gun blued. The engraving is quite deep and has multiple tone texturing. The center of the rosettes are 24k raised gold and the button has a 2.5 mm. High grade diamond set in 14k gold. Engraved by maker. $4900.00 .Sold.
ITALIA MARK II
The BIG 10"...
For more Italia's
Double Action Auto
The first inlay is the button ON ALL MY d/a's or it can be thumbed open in the traditional manner.
FOR MORE PRO-ATAC D/A Auto
Thanks For Looking
Updated Jan, 2013
P.O. Box 218
4974 Wolf Wind Lane
Conner Mt. 59827
406 . 821.1060